Monday, October 11, 2010

Life is Good!

Over the last year, lots has happened. Annabeth turned two years old! I was ward camp director. Brent finished and passed all four of his CPA exams on the FIRST try. We got a PS3 and can now stream netflix - lifechanging since we don't have cable. We lost a grandmother and a wonderful aunt with just a few months. Annabeth moved from her crib into a toddler bed. I celebrated 5 years of marriage with the best husband a girl could have. I watched the entire 6 seasons of LOST and it changed my life forever. I got a ticket and had to take defensive driving with some very questionable people. I planted my first garden and edible things actually grew in it! We finally bought a new mattress and ditched the one from Brent's childhood. Brent and I finally finished the BOM after 2 years (only took a year longer than planned ). We watched all three seasons of Arrested Development and fell in love with the Bluths. I was called to teach in Young Women's. We picked out and bought our very own furniture! Annabeth started potty-training. (I still can't believe my baby is old enough to sit on a potty!)

And not too long ago, we found out that we are expecting another baby in May. We are about 9-10 weeks along and very excited.

I am finding that life moves fast, and I have to take more time to enjoy the small things that happen everyday. It's incredible the things you forget when you don't take the time to write them down.

3 comments:

Layla said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Woo-Hoo! Congratulations! Baby number two ... how exciting for you guys!

What a fun recap to read about your year. How come LOST changed your life? I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending, or lack there of.

Laura said...

I wasn't totally happy with the ending either. But I had never watched a series where I seriously couldn't wait to watch the next episode. I feel like just thinking through all the theories was fun - even if most of them didn't pan out. I also really just liked getting to know the characters and realizing that even the worst people have redeeming qualities and even the best people do stupid things. Of course I wish they had a explained a lot of things that left me hanging! But they are fun food for thought. SOmtimes we still talk about LOST theories!