Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Fun

This summer has been flying by and I keep forgetting to update my blog. Actually, I do remember, but when I do I am distracted by Annabeth or Camilla who constantly cries to be held. As I type this, I am standing at our kitchen bar holding Camilla, with Annabeth on the other side of me begging to look at pictures of herself.

Camilla is now 7 weeks old and looks more and more like a baby than a newborn. We are starting to see some real smiles and she's making lots of eye contact. I forgot how cute they are this little. Thus my house is a disaster because I can't get anything done. She is getting blessed this Sunday and we are excited that most of our families will be able to come. As for Annabeth, she is a great big sister. She loves to help me with everything and give lots of hugs and kisses to her sister. I just feel guilty that I can no longer spend as much quality time with her as I am either nursing or holding the baby. But it drives me INSANE that she insists on doing everything by herself when we are in a hurry to leave the house, but cries for me to help her with the smallest task when I'm busy driving or nursing. I can't wait for August to come because she is participating in a pre-school co-op and I think it's going to be great for her.

Our favorate thing to do together this summer is to swim. We walk to the pool by our house nearly every day in the evenings. This is perfect timing because it gets her good and hungry for dinner and wears her out so she goes to bed on time. She's much braver swimming with floaties on this year although it took a lot of coercing to get her back in the water.

I love these two girls like crazy, but I will admit that my favorate time of day is bedtime!! It's amazing how much you can love someone, and yet be so excited for them to go to sleep! Here are a few pictures of our summer so far.

No comments: